Florida West Coast Credit Union was founded in 1942 as the Credit Union for all Hillsborough County Employees and was aptly named “Hillsborough County Employees Credit Union”. Our first office was located in the old court house and business was conducted out of a metal box located in a desk drawer and transactions were recorded in a hand written ledger.
Over the years, Credit Union membership grew as did Hillsborough County and in 1978, Pasco County employees were added to our field of membership. In 1984, the Credit Union’s name changed to Florida West Coast Credit Union and remains the same 32 years later.
We have grown to 5 branches and multiple ATM’s to serve members in both counties. Mobile technology has replaced brick and mortar and the way many of us bank; however our commitment to providing exceptional service continues today.
As we come up on our 75th year in business we remain committed to the financial wellbeing of all county employees and state of Florida employees and their family members. Today our members have hands on representation through a volunteer board which are people they work with each day. Saving our members money, helping them achieve their personal and financial goals, providing the direction and counseling they need to attain these goals are all part of what we did when we started and what we continue to do today.