What should I do if my wallet is lost or stolen?
If your wallet has been lost or stolen, take the following actions:
- Report your lost or stolen Credit Union Visa Debit card by calling 1-800-472-3272
- Report your lost or stolen Credit Union Visa Credit card by calling 1-800-991-4961
- Call the three major credit reporting agencies (Equifax: 1-800-525-6285, Experian: 1-888-397-3742 and Trans Union: 1-800-680-7289) and ask them to immediately place a Fraud Alert on your name and Social Security number. The alert means any company that checks your credit knows your information was stolen and they have to contact you by phone to authorize new credit.
- Notify the SSN national fraud hotline at 1-800-269-0271.
- File a police report the same day, if at all possible, in the jurisdiction where your wallet was stolen.